5 Ways to Help Generate Repeat Business
Repeat business comes with benefits. For starters, store it is more costly to keep finding new customers than it is to have repeat ones. So it saves you money, but it can also help make you money, because repeat customers are more likely to refer your business to others. There are a variety of ways you can try to generate repeat business, including:
- Stay on the radar. Keeping in contact with your customers is essential when it comes to having repeat business. You want to remind them that you are around. You can do this by offering a coupon, sending out a newsletter, or tapping into a social media tool. Whatever way you choose, find one to keep in contact with your customer base.
- Provide good service. Without this you are not likely to have many repeat clients. Be sure to give every customer good service and that will automatically do a lot to bring them back time and again.
- Get personal. The more you know your customers the better your relationship will be with them, and the more likely they will come back to your business. Get to know them by name and what it is that they like to purchase and how they like it. This will make them feel special. Just think about how well it works for Starbucks. The baristas get to know every person, their drink of choice, and make the customer feel more like a friend.
- Keep records. If you have more of a business to business arrangement you will want to keep accurate and detailed records about your work with each company. You can do this by having a customer relationships management (CRM) software, where you will add details about the customer, items purchased, proposals given, etc. That way if months go by before hearing from them you can quickly get up to speed on where you left off.
- Hire the right people. Having the right employees is crucial, especially if you have a business that deals with the public. The people throughout Rocklin and Sacramento, and beyond, want good service. The people you hire are a reflection of your business, and can ultimately help make or break it.