Business promotion, as any entrepreneur knows, is essential to success. Whether the business is located in the Rocklin or Sacramento area or on the other side of the country, people need to know it exists and why they should stop in. Yet not every business has a lot of money to dedicate to promoting their business, which can lead to a catch-22 situation, and leave sales lagging.
The good news is that there are some ways you can promote your business without breaking the bank. In fact, there are some things you can do that won’t cost you anything at all; they will just take some of your time. And if you don’t have lots of customers coming in, well, you have the time to put into the free self promotion.
Here are 5 ways you can promote your business, without spending money:
- Use social media. Sites like Facebook and Pinterest are free and people use them. A lot. Take advantage of that by creating and managing an account. Post interesting things and they will share it with others, helping to promote your business for you.
- Send out a press release. Every business can issue a press release. There is always something to announce. Write a release to issue both online on a free distribution site, and to send to your local journalists.
- Get people to leave reviews. Chances are you have some happy customers, which is why you are still in business. Ask those happy customers to leave online reviews of your products and services.
- Offer to become a speaker. Being an entrepreneur you have experience that others would be interested in hearing, regardless of what it is you are selling. Offer to be a guest speaker at professional groups and conferences.
- Make some calls. Depending on the type of business you have, picking up the phone and making some cold calls may be the ticket. It can be tough for some people to do, but those in sales, consulting, and other such businesses often have success with this route.
Having a successful business, even in Sacramento, Roseville and Rocklin, takes putting in the time and effort to promote that company to the masses. That doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of money to do it. These promotional tips above are free, yet can yield big returns. Give them a try and see which ones work for you business, you have nothing to lose, and new customers to gain!
The Law Offices of Terry L. Gilbeau provides personalized counsel to clients in a variety of business and personal matters, including creditors’ rights, debt collection, products liability and international transaction issues. His office is located in Rocklin, CA, just outside of Sacramento, CA, near Roseville, Lincoln, Auburn, in Placer County and can be reached at (916-626-5539) or email Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for the firm website http://www.gilbeaulaw.com/