Courts in Our Geographic Area
County of Placer
County of Sacramento
- Superior Court of California, County of Yolo
- Superior Court of California, County of Nevada
- Superior Court of California, County of Sutter
- Superior Court of California, County of El Dorado
- U.S. Federal District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of California
The website, LawHelpCalifornia.org, provides easy online access to basic legal resources and information for low-income Californians.
Topics at the site include:
- Public Benefits
- Consumer and Small Claims
- Individual Rights
- Life and Estate Planning
- Families and Kids
- Protection from Abuse
- Veterans and Military
- Native American Issues
Some services and referrals have income and other qualification requirements.
The State Bar of California has made available a collection of consumer pamphlets which may answer many of your questions concerning the law. Most can be downloaded directly from their website at www.calbar.ca.gov/Public.aspx. The titles of the State Bar of California consumer pamphlets, as of when this section of our website was last updated, include:
- Kids and the Law
- Seniors and the Law
- When You Become 18
- Guide to Legal Literacy
- Legal Health Checklist
- The State Bar of California
- Do I Need a Will?
- Do I Need a Living Trust?
Over time, the State Bar may make changes to the above list and, as such, we would recommend that you visit their website for the most up-to-date list of current titles.